Monday, September 17, 2018

Muse Challenge #283: Whale Done Card

Hey everyone!
Let me just start by saying that I survived hurricane Florence!  We had a very close call here in the Raleigh area.  I am thankful that we got through it with little damage - only leaves and small branches litter our yard.  My heart goes out to the rest of NC that did not fair so well.  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

There was one good thing that came out of all the time spent at home.  I got to craft!  I found my mojo and starting making cards.  I love to use challenges to jump start my creativity.  Today I am using the Muse Challenge #283 found HERE.
This is the card that the challenge wanted us to use for inspiration.


And this is my card.  I followed the animal theme plus the background with a touch of punny in the greeting.



I loved making this card.  It came together so easily.  I have a lot of solid image stamps and this design is perfect for those stamps.  I am actually going to make a Halloween themed card in this same format, too.  

To make this card I just randomly stamped the whale image from CTMH C1710 Make Waves Cardmaking stamp set.  I just stamped it with CTMH black ink.  Next I stamped the whale spray in CTMH Glacier ink.  I felt it needed a little something more in the background so I found some circles from the CTMH D1772 Documented Scrapbooking Essentials stamp set.  I added them with the same Glacier ink.  Then I stamped the Whale Done greeting with the black on a scrap of CTMH White Daisy cardstock.  I mounted the white pieces onto mats that were cut from glacier colored wavy patterned paper from the CTMH Boutique collection.  I also added a black mat under the greeting to make it pop a little more.  And that is it.  I think it only took me about 30 minutes to design and make this card.  Love CAS cards.

Thanks for stopping by,

Janet

8 comments:

  1. love your wonderful card. so fun with all your whales and that sentiment is so perfect too! thank you so much for playing along with us at muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great take on Kim's card, just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue swirls and dots are a perfect way to add motion to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 'watery' background you created! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful interpretation of Kims card. Great to see some whales here and the sentiment, perfect.

    ReplyDelete