Saturday, August 4, 2018

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 396 and TSOT August Technique Challenge


Hello again,
Two cards in one day!  I am on a roll.  The card I made here is for my daughter who just moved to Minneapolis this week from St. Louis.  Boy, will she be in for a shock come winter!  Good thing she has lived in the north before or she would really be in for it. 

For her card I used the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #396 found HERE.  And also the Try Stampin' on Tuesday August Technique challenge  which is to add dimension to your card without foam tape.  That challenge can be found HERE.




To make may card I started with paper from the CTMH collection called Documented (X7234B).  I love the colors and designs of this collection.  I followed the sketch pretty close.  I only modified it by adding an image.  After adhering my base layer of paper and the awesome antique doors paper strip, I then cut a piece of Eggplant cardstock (CTMH) into a strip and dovetailed the one end.  I then stamped "New Home" in Versamark ink and heat embossed it using white embossing powder (Stampendous!).  I adhered it flat as shown.  For the building I stamped the cute apartment building from the Central Park-Cardmaking stamp and thin cut set (Z4179). I colored it with CTMH Shinhan alcohol markers (BR116, GY235, P282, YR26) and Copic Sketch Marker (Yll).   I also made 2 more cuts with the house die out of chipboard (old cereal box).  I glued the chipboard together and then glued the colored house on the top.  This is my way to add dimension without using foam dots.   The last thin I did was stamp the "congratulations on your" sentiment with second generation Eggplant ink (CTMH).  If you don't know what that means, it is just stamping on a scratch piece of paper first and then stamping on the piece you want - this allows you to get a lighter color of ink.   And that is it.  I hope my daughter likes her card and also can't wait to see her in her new digs.  
Thanks for stopping by,

Janet

4 comments:

  1. what a lovely card. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - love all the purples! Great dimension! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter will love this card. So glad you joined us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, Janet! I love your apartment building element raised with cereal box layers!!! Thank you for sharing your daughter's move with us here at Try Stampin' on Tuesday, and the creative way you are celebrating her new home in Minneapolis! -Donna

    ReplyDelete