Saturday, August 4, 2018

SSC184 SKETCH FUN


Hey Y'all,

I have been busy again on the blog.  August is a BIG birthday month in my family so I have lots of cards to make.  I love using blog challenges to help with my mojo.  My nephew is turning 19 this month so I needed a masculine card.  I love this new paper collection from CTMH called Documented.  Some of the main papers are very feminine, but I found enough patterns to make a guy worthy card.  I actually think is one of my faves that I made lately.  Very CAS, but that is more my style anyway.

I used the sketch over at Sunday Stamps Challenge blog which is SSC184.  Here is the sketch:


And this is my take on the sketch.  I pretty much stuck to the design except I rotated my card sideways.  I am showing you a couple of different views of my card since it was cloudy for photos.  I usually prefer to have the card stand up, but the lighting was a little better when I laid it flat.


The only note I want to make is that I die cut the sentiment twice - once in White Daisy and once in Black.  The black is the shadow.

All of my supplies are from CTMH.  Here is the list of what I used:  Documented paper collection (X7234B), Matching cardstock (X7234D), Happy Birthday Thin Cuts (Z3304), and Black & White Dots (Z3314).  

Thanks for stopping by,

Janet

1 comment:

  1. Very cool - love the shadow effect you added, and that yellow background paper is awesome! You're off to a great start for your August! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete