Sunday, July 1, 2018

The Paper Players PP400 Celebration Challenge


Hey!
Welcome to my new blog.  After going through a big move to another state I decided to start a new blog devoted to my card making.  To celebrate I am entering a card for The Paper Players PP400 challenge.  You can find the challenge here . I made a quick and easy birthday card for my Uncle Charlie who just happens to share a birthday with our country.  I usually make him a patriotic card, but today I thought it would be fun to do fireworks.  I started with a 3"x 3" piece of black cardstock.  I stamped the fireworks image several times in Versamark ink.  I then brushed the image with Perfect Pearls which created a shimmer to the image which was hard to pick up in the photo.  I did the same thing for the greeting.  I matted both pieces with green shimmer paper from my stash and then added a final mat of black to them.  I decided to keep it simple and mounted the pieces onto a white card.  

Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon.

Janet

Supplies:
stamps:  CTMH D1576 Home of the Brave Constant Campaign (retired)
CTMH D1475 Card Chatter Birthday (retired)             
inks:  Versamark                                                                                         
                                    other:  Ranger Perfect Pearls Interference Green, Blue and Red powders                                                     











3 comments:

  1. Wow, those shimmery fireworks are really amazing! I always forget about my Perfect Pearls but now I'll have to get them out to play. The use of the black is really effective and helps keep things masculine too. Thank you for joining us in our 400th Challenge at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, how exciting to start a new blog! Good luck with it! Your first creation on it is terrific, and I bet the perfect pearls are so shimmery in real life. Thanks so much for playing along with our 400th challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete