Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #275 and Double Trouble Paper Crafting w/ Thing 1/Thing 2: Challenge #6

Hey Y'all,

Today I had to get a card made and in the mail for my great-niece's birthday.  She is turning 4 and full of life so I needed to make a card that is good for a spunky little lady.  I decided to use a couple of challenges to help spark my mojo for her card.  I am using the sketch from the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #275.  You can go to their blog HERE.  This is the sketch.

I am also joining in on the Double Trouble Paper Crafting w/ Thing 1/Thing 2 challenge #6.  (Find their blog HERE.)

There are actually 3 parts to this challenge this week because it is a 5th Monday.   Thing 1 Challenge is called "Some thing, Any thing or Every thing challenge" which is another way to say "anything goes".   I good with that one.  Thing 2 Challenge is to link up with another one of their partner blogs which includes the Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge blog so I am good with that one, too.  Thing 3 is to decorate the inside of your card and I have done that one.  Now let's get on to my card.



To make my card I first chose my paper which is from the CTMH Central Park (X7231B) Collection.  (all products are from CTMH unless otherwise noted)  I thought it would be the perfect paper for a spunky girl.  I pretty much followed the sketch exactly.  I attached my designer papers by doing a 4.25" X 5.5" piece of the bokah dots paper.  I then cut the yellow Birthday Cheer PML card (X7231E) in half lengthwise.  I then cut them into triangles and attached as shown.  For the gray (Mink) mat in the middle I actually used a retired stamp frame from the stamp set called Frame It Up (D1524).  I stamped it and then cut it out.  I used the back side so you don't see the stamping.  I attached that piece flat to the background.  Next I stamped my adorable unicorn using the stamp set called "Little Dreamer Cardmaking Workshop (C1677).  I first stamped the unicorn body in Bashful.  Next, I stamped her little nose in Mink.  To do the mane, tail and horn I actually used Bashful and Poppy in a ombre effect.  Once I got her all stamped I then used the matching die to die cut her out.  I mounted her to the left side of the frame with pop dots.  After that I die cut a small rectangle from White Daisy cardstock using the die from the Fresh Air - Cardmaking stamp and die set (Z4186).  I then stamped the "happy birthday" in Poppy from the stamp set called "Holiday Tags" (D1560).  I mounted it flat to the right of the unicorn.  It needed a little something more so I added some white dots from the Black and White Dots embellishments (Z3314).  THEN I went to the inside.  I used a PML card matted with Mink Cardstock for the greeting.  I stamped the "have a magical day" from the same unicorn set in Poppy ink.  I mounted it and there you have it.  Oh, I also stamped a unicorn on the front of the envelope.  Now I am done!  Whew.

Thanks for stopping by and have a magical day!

Janet

9 comments:

  1. Used quite an assortment of CTMH products and that combination made up an adorable and magical card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and earning a second chance at random draw for also sharing with Heart2Heart. Hope you come back next Monday for our next fun challenge and link up with Trouble Maker, Double Dare and Twisted Sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I also noticed you could hook up with ColorMyHeart Color Dare as well, I'm sure you have a 3-color choice from their #303 TicTacToe challenge and more, and earn another chance for Double Trouble's random draw for a prize.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see a Double Point Fun Fold! This is so bright and cheerful and who doesn't love a unicorn. Thank you for joining in the challenge fun at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute - little girls are so in love with unicorns and this card will be perfect! I am sure she will love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yellow text paper and cute unicorn make such fun card! Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at the Double Trouble Paper Challenge. I love that you also decorated the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card, I love it! I have always loved that little Unicorn! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. So colorful and cute! Love the unicorn for a little girl! Thanks for playing along at AHSC!
    Linda
    AHSC design team
    Www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome card, Janet, I'm sure your niece will love.it! The bright colors provide an energetic and enthusiastic vibe, and the unicorn adds such a charming touch of whimsy. You do realize, though, that you have set the bar high and your niece will undoubtedly look forward to seeing what you create for her each you. 😉
    Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete